These make a nice side, if and only if you enjoy balsamic. JEM really dislikes balsamic but as a good sport he tried them…and still didn’t like them. I used 1 of the monster carrots from this weeks box and it made more than enough for two people, so I’m stuck eating double the carrot but definitely enjoying them.
- 1 monster carrot (or several normal sized ones)
- 2 tbls balsamic vinegar
- EVOO: 2 tbls + enough to coat the carrots pre-roasting, divided
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425*.
- Peel and slice the carrot into 2 inch sticks.
- Drizzle EVOO over the carrots.
- Sea salt to taste.
- Roast in oven for about 20 mins.
- While the carrots are roasting: combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon and garlic. Whisk together in a small bowl.
- When carrots are done, remove from oven and pour vinaigrette over carrots, make sure to coat evenly.