We had 2 baby bok choy’s from last weeks box and decided to throw them in to a stir fry tonight. It was awesome, but the one mistake we made was in not testing the flavor of the sauce before throwing everything together. We used a spicy schezuan (store-bought) sauce and then added in a Serrano pepper…the serrano was definitely not need. Our final dish turned out so spicy, luckily we really like spicy food. We used the schezuan sauce but you can definitely use any other stir fry sauce you know of or like.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 baby bok choy
- 1 c. diced carrots
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 c. cooked rice
- 1 tbls peanut oil
- 1/3 c. of stir fry sauce
- Add oil to wok or skillet, heat up till sizzling.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to the oil. (We cut it into slices and then once cooked cut it into smaller pieces.)
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the bok choy (we use all of it except for the bottoms) and the diced carrots. (We added some water in now).
- Cook until tender.
- Add the chicken, onions, and stir fry sauce.
- Saute together to combine flavors.
- Serve over hot rice.