We LOVE wings, really love them. And we’ve begun trying out different recipes. We’ve found one that’s pretty good with a homemade hot buffalo sauce. JEM recently found a dry rub recipe and adjusted it so that it tastes just like the wings at Austin Grill. We’re excited to try them on a grill, but until we can cooking them in the oven has us pretty excited.
- 1 pound of chicken wings (get drumlets or winglets so you don’t have to prep them)
- 1 ½ tablespoon melted butter (or just enough to lightly coat the wings)
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Wash the wings and pat them dry with a paper towel. Add them to a large bowl with the canola oil. Mix to lightly coat wings.
- Put the wings on a roasting rack with a pan beneath it to catch drippings. Sprinkle half the rub on top liberally. Flip the wings and add more rub.
- Cook the wings in a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes. Flip them after 30 minutes and broil for 4 minutes. Stay by the oven and watch them while broiling.