I found this recipe while searching vegan/dairy free blogs. I’ve convinced myself this recipe is quite healthy (please don’t make me accept the truth 🙂 ). They are absolutely fantastic, JEM loved them. I am bringing them to school as well, hopefully the kids find them just as yummy.
- 1/3 cup margarine OR coconut oil, softened
- 6 ounces coconut milk or soy yogurt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups white flour, spelt flour, or whole wheat pastry flour
- 8 ounces chocolate chips (chose dairy free if you want these to be truly vegan)
- Sprinkles (again, if you want these to be vegan make sure you buy vegan sprinkles)
- With a mixer, beat together the margarine, yogurt, and brown sugar.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour until just combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press into a lightly greased 9×9 baking dish, top with sprinkles.
- Then bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges of light golden brown.
Original post can be found at: http://www.cheekykitchen.com/2012/02/vegan-brown-sugar-blondies.html