Tonight’s dinner was fantastic and simple. More importantly made in 25 minutes!!! We’ve been getting slower about cooking, making us eat later and later. After having dinner at 8 one night, we agreed that we needed to eat at an earlier time so we could get some decent night’s sleep.
For the grilled chicken: coat the chicken in a bit of olive oil and use whatever chicken seasoning you like. We use McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning, one of the best pre-made ones we’ve found. Then grill till cooked (~15 mins for 1 chicken breast).
On to the main recipe: zucchini w/ rice. Inspired by the 2 zucchini from last weeks box.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 zucchini peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 can tomato paste (a little one)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 c. chopped yellow onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder (opt.)
- 1 tsp onion powder (opt.)
- 1 tsp dried basil (opt.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the garlic and zucchini.
- Saute until soft (~15 mins.)
- Once soft add tomato paste, water, onion.
- Saute until the tomato paste and water combine.
- Add the other seasons, mix till joined.
- Add in rice. (We used less than 1 c.–closer to 2/3 of a cup)
- Serve and Enjoy.
The seasonings are not yet perfect. Tomato paste has a very strong flavor: salt, onion, garlic, and basil did a pretty good job improving it. Feel free to tweak, if you find something that works well, let me know!!